The Lighthouse for Perth is excited to announce our move into our new flagship crisis centre.
- Provide multi-agency, co-located support for people who are experiencing mental health crisis.
- Provide five crisis beds for those who are assessed as in need, for a limited time (up to one week).
- Service delivery 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Using a shared approach combining the strengths of both the medical and social models.
- In partnership with other agencies, utilising the same building to provide wrap-around support when people present with complex needs.
- Managing the crisis based on presentation and enabling people to leave The Neuk with an individualised personal risk plan identifying coping strategies and other community resources.
- Create planned pathways in partnership with client to address longer-term needs and enable supported self-management
- Create a therapeutic space in the community where people can feel secure and supported. Where people can gain person-centred assistance with their immediate mental health needs. Provide opportunity for service users to de-escalate away from the situation that may be linked to their crisis.
- Help those who are often denied primary/acute mental health care provision due to being marginalised through the behaviours they present, alcohol or drug use, removing barriers to access crisis support.
- People in crisis are seen and managed through service by appropriately skilled and trained staff.
- Peer-led support model as an integral part of service delivery.
- Decrease the need for presentation at A&E, acute mental health services or other emergency services for example, Ambulance and Police.